Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Thinking I Understand You.....

Thinking I understand you .... and I really, truly don't.

This quote is so important to keep in mind.


When I am most inclined to shoot off my mouth, full of certainty that I know what The Truth is - especially if I think I know the answer AND it's really quite simple, if you only...... - this quote flashes into my mind and I shut my mouth.  

How hard it is for this language-loving species of ours to get through to ourselves that sometimes the finest wordsmith on earth really, truly cannot convey an experience. You'll never know what war is like from watching movies, reading books or even listening to people.  You'll never know what a violent physical assault, especially a sexual assault, does to the depths of a soul from listening, reading or watching movies. [And watching movies can cause PTSD in empathetic people, so please don't.]  You'll also never know about parenting from having your nieces for a weekend or from reading, listening or watching.

You'll never know about the awe, the soul-shattering, body-shaking or very quiet transcendence that comes at the top of tall mountains that you climbed yourself.  You can't visit a forest or a waterfall in a video.  You can't imagine the near-extinction event our ancestors survived 60,000 years ago.

We call it humility.  Just an acknowledgement of the shouldn't-be-so-profound truth that we don't know everything, and we usually don't know better than the people who have had the experience.  It's just the human experience.  Until we actually have a Vulcan mind-meld, our experience-sharing ability will always be limited to what language can convey and some of the most important experiences are impossible to completely encapsulate in words.  



I work with entrepreneurs who want to blast through the internal barriers to success, stemming from events of their earlier life.  I also work with other serious professionals and people who aspire to being serious professionals, who are held back by traumas from childhood, previous spouse, military experience, traffic accidents, violence.  It may be formally-diagnosed PTSD or just "barriers" that need blasting away.  I don't pretend to be all-knowing.  I just have some very powerful tools for making the problem go away - permanently.  

You don't have to put up with less enjoyment than you could be having from life.  Contact me for a FREE Getting Unstuck session today.  A real session, not a sales pitch. Be impressed by all my academic degrees, specialty certifications, testimonials and special programs at www.soaringdragon.biz  Then contact me at  victoria.leo.reiki@gmail.com.