Monday, October 19, 2015

For the Love of Reiki Makes a Big Splash on Times Square



My good friend Paula Vail, host of the Voice America show (www.voiceamerica.com) For the Love of Reiki, has been honored in a big way, on the Great White Way.  I've been a guest on her show multiple times, but that isn't really why I am so happy, and want to shout her honors to the wide world.

The reason I am so over the top happy is because she is such a GOOD person and regardless of my lifetime of spiritual teaching and growth, below all the cognitive and intellectual wisdom, I still retain the child's belief that good people should have good luck.  I can look at myself and shake my metaphorical head at my undying belief about how reality should be, and my deep, deep soul's stubborn refusal to give up this belief that is so harmful to my peace of mind.

I call it harmful because it leads me to sadness or even anger when I work hard or I am kind and generous and I have nothing but troubles. I mean, doesn't virtue have a reward, other than the internal psychic one?  No, little one, it doesn't.  

There are so many levels of wisdom above this childish yearning for a different reality, a world with different rules.  Out to at least 3 sigma, I am completely at peace with and in tune with reality as it truly is, that outcomes are not solely the result of hard work or virtue but include societal monkey wrenches like racism, sexism or a culture determined to keep you poor, and also the personal luck variables like whether you get that coveted passage on the Titanic, or you miss your "chance" and stay alive.

Paula has worked hard and been virtuous. She has had a knack for engaging topics and has skill in drawing the best from her guests.  She also hit her stride at the right time, as Voice America was getting started and ramping up.  As Malcolm Gladwell explains in Outlier, timing is a big factor in success. 

And I don't care a bit about any of that.  My inner 5 year old is jumping up and down with delight because one of the Good Guys has hit the big time, a well-deserved success has occurred.  I'm going to let her jump up and down, and keep striving for more wisdom tomorrow.  For today..... listen to her shows.  Enjoy!