Friday, December 15, 2017

The Power of Mindfulness in Tough Times .... and a FREE class to beta-test!


This morning, so many thoughts could have crowded my brain: I was watching the Geminid meteors last night, after a very long work day completing projects, and I had to get up very early, so - the laws of mathematics cannot be conned - I was sleepy; was I going to make my Amtrak connection, four hours away?; the twisty mountain passes would be two hours of possibly icy conditions in the below-freezing temps.

And none of these thoughts had more than a fleeting hold on my mind.  

Why?

The beauty I was driving through just stunned me.  The ground was frosty, the fence posts ditto.  But the trees, the glorious trees, completely limned in white. Frost - the dew freezing on each bare branch - covering each inch, made particularly spooky and arresting by the on and off banks of heavy ground fog.  You drove through the heavy bank and suddenly emerged into a scene of wonder: meadows, some with sheep, goats and cattle grazing, others of empty whiteness; scattered open forest with light, wispy fog.

Some beauty is human created.  I promote creation among my clients partially for the health and wellness of the body doing it, and partly for the deep soul enjoyment.  And then there is the beauty that owes nothing at all to human agency, that is purely and simply a gift of the cosmos (God/karma/etc.).

It’s so important to notice these gifts, to allow them to soak into your heart and soul, to revel in them and to allow gratitude to bubble up to the surface of our minds.  There are so many undeserved gifts for us every day. 

Mindfulness trains us to notice more, to be aware of more of our world.  The mini-class debuting right after Christmas, and the full-length class debuting in 
February, start and enhance this seeing and awareness of these blessings.  Apply for FREE beta-tester status and start the year with the power of Meditation, Mindfulness and Creativity!  Email victoria@soaringdragon.biz.